Friday, February 3, 2012

Recap on the Florida Primary, Road Trip?

   Unfortunately I was out of state when the primary happened here in Florida, but being a member of the Ron Paul campaign I don't think I missed too much.
    The primary was disappointing in a lot of ways, but the results were not entirely unexpected. Dr. Paul did not really campaign in our state because it is a winner take all state. He was not going to win first place here so he has been campaigning in other states where he is guaranteed delegates even if he doesn't win. The thing to remember is that even with him getting 4th in Florida, he is still in 3rd with number of delegates behind Gingrich and Romney respectively.
    It was disappointing to see my fellow Floridians vote for someone who should by all means be laughed out of the race entirely. I think Romney's record of changing his mind on issues depending where he is running for office shows he has no sincerity in any of the things he says and should be held accountable for that. But no one seems to care, and that is sad. Its sad to see that the American people will vote on someone due to a pretty face and a good speaking voice.
    I will be re-vamping my efforts to contribute to the campaign and will be posting more videos at the beginning of the week. I also will be trying to organize a trip to one of the nearby primaries, maybe Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi or a combination of all 4.

Georgia is on March 6th (super tuesday). I think this would be the most beneficial primary to go to because of Super Tuesday but also because it is the largest, closest state to USFSP.

Alabama and Mississippi are on March 13th. These states are relatively small but would probably still be fun to go to. Also, because they are so close to each other if a group went we could potentially split into 2 groups. One group would stay in Bama and the the other would move on to Mississippi if there was interest to do such a thing.

Louisiana is March 24th. This would be my very close second as to which state would be most beneficial to our learning experience but first only because of the time between now and then. This would allow ample time to request off of work and plan accordingly as well as save some money.

I would be willing to drive, but fair warning I drive a very small 1989 Suzuki Sidekick 2 door. It will sit 5 people but will have no room luggage. Best case scenario it fits 3 people with small luggage bags. I am willing to take whoever wants to go regardless of party affiliation. If anyone would want to contribute in any way to make this trip happen let me know in class or in the comments. I am very serious about this happening and will be filming the whole thing. It would be a once in a lifetime opportunity and I think we could have a lot of fun doing it.

Regards,
Jaryd Vartanian

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @jvrp2012

No comments:

Post a Comment